Version 2.1.0 -- May 1, 2010
- You can bookmark not only websites, but documents, files and folders too. These bookmarks can be searched and tagged just like regular bookmarks.
- If you bookmark a document, opening the bookmark opens the document with the associated program.
- If you bookmark a program file, opening the bookmark starts the program.
- If you bookmark a folder, opening the bookmark opens the folder in Windows Explorer.
- The dead link checker also checks document, file and folder bookmarks. If you delete the file, the link checker reports it as not found.
- Import and export bookmarks from one LinkStash file to another. This enables you to export a subset of bookmarks. Bookmark passwords are not exported.
- When you import bookmarks, they're merged so that duplicate bookmarks are not created in the same folder. If a bookmark exists, it's simply updated with details from the imported bookmark.
- When LinkStash makes a backup, you can choose to save the backup to a storage device such as a USB flash drive. To do this click Tools, Options, Advanced, then click the Backup button.
- LinkStash makes several backups of the bookmark file because one backup is not enough. The number of backups can now be increased or decreased.
- Backups can now be configured each time LinkStash auto saves - instead of just when you exit. It's useful if you rarely exit LinkStash. To avoid unnecessary backups, auto backup is performed when the recent backup is a day or more old.
- Backup performance improved.
- LinkStash can now start and stop with Google Chrome.
- Works with latest version of Chrome (188.8.131.524.)
- Add version resource to lsmon.exe.
- The beep sound that you hear when a search results in no matches can now be turned off.
- If a bookmark has notes, an exclamation mark appears in the tab title of the properties dialog box to make you aware without the need to click on the tab.
- Ctrl+A in the notes tab selects all text.
- Toolbar buttons for dead link check (visible by default) and Chrome browser. Right-click the toolbar and click Customize to customize it.
- Fix for the find box sometimes receiving input focus when it shouldn't.
- Fix dead link check ignoring the exclude setting when re-checking previous failures or checking the open folder.
- Fix 'empty deleted bookmarks on exit' not saving the changes.
- Removed support for Windows 98, minimum required is Windows 2000.