Importing Address Books From Other Mail Programs
Courier can import address books in a number of formats, as well as standard delimited files which most programs can export their address books to.
Importing Existing Addresses
1. Open the Mailbox menu
2. Select Address Book, then Import, then click the address book format to import.
Be sure each element in the imported delimited file corresponds to the order of the address elements in Courier. Click the link below for more information.
- For most address books, select the correct file from the Open dialog box and click Open. The file you need to find appears in the Files of Type field in the Open dialog box.
- For Outlook Express, follow these directions.
- If you chose a delimited file, select the file from the Open dialog box and click Open. The Delimited File Import dialog box opens and displays the file name. To select the delimiter, click the down arrow, then click the delimiter used for this file. Click OK.
If you chose a Microsoft Exchange file, click the address book you want to import from the address book list. Click OK.
3. Courier will import the address file. The Import Status dialog box shows the addresses as they are copied. Click Close when the import has finished.
When an address with group information is imported, Courier can optionally create the group if it does not exist, or the address can be ignored. This facilitates the use of groups in external address books.